Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sarah McKenzie at Rule Gallery Opening Friday

Sarah McKenzie, a friend and fellow Colorado artist whose work I greatly admire has an opening tomorrow night. As it turns out I will have a few newer works in the group show in the back as well including my recent moon painting and the small mountain painting called "further".

One thing I love about Sarah's work is how varied her paint application can be on one canvas - something that rarely translates well online. There are parts that are thick and pasty, parts that are washy and so thin you can see the weave of the canavs and other parts that are very flat. I took this detail photo today to give you an idea:

Concreate/Abstract is a very solid show - highly recommended. See you tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like this painting! "Concret/Abstract" is a very engaging theme. Wish I could have been there. At any rate, I've gained a new artist to look up. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails