Sunday, June 7, 2009

New Found Photos



Those of you who have known me for a while or have read this blog for a while know that I've been collecting found photos for years. In fact it's probably been over 12 years now. I have amassed quite a collection. I've dug through thousands of antique and vintage photos, so I can say with some degree of experience that it is a rare thing to find a formally exceptional photographer or photograph. Most of the images I end up buying are unique in their subject or location but more often than not they are amateur in their technical or compositional approach. Well, today I got a great deal on a exceptional bag of 8x10" black and white photos. The guy I bought them from said they were taken by Lee Sullivan and he got them at an estate sale, but I couldn't find information on Sullivan online. Take a look at these - they're fantastic. There are numerous copies of most these photos in the bag- most with different exposures. I tried to scan the best ones, but there are a lot of great ones. For higher res images go here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails