Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wednesday Wind-down:

This will be a new feature on "minutiae" - the "Wednesday Wind-down" featuring quiet music recommendations. These are typically musical selections that I listen to while reading, grading papers, or - as the title suggest - just winding down. This week I recommend:



"Essential Oil" by "Journey of the Mind" - a beautifully looped composition from the school of Basinski

and the other recommendation for the week is:



One of my favorite ambient albums this year - by Biosphere called, "L'incoronazione di Poppea" (The Coronation of Poppea) - named after an Italian baroque opera first performed in Venice during the 1642–43 carnival season. This album blends classical music with spare, echoed effects and distortions and is a beautiful listen all the way through.

2 comments:

emily said...

oh good! I'm glad you are back and writing more. I was missing your music recommendations. Hope you are well!

Nathan said...

I'm back. Thanks for checking in.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails