Thursday, July 30, 2009

Guest Blogger; Jason Stopa

Agnes Martin, Untitled IX, (detail) 1982 - at the Denver Art Museum - photo by mel brava

My good friend Jason Stopa shares a little about some inspiration from one of his favorite painters, writing, "I've read her writings twice this year. These are some of my favorite quotes of the late painter:

'Beauty and happiness and life are all the same and they are pervasive, unattached and abstract and they are our only concern. They are immeasurable, completely lacking in substance. They are perfect and sublime. This is the subject matter of art.'

'When I think of art I think of beauty. Beauty is the mystery of life. It is not in the eye it is in the mind. In our minds there is awareness of perfection.'

'I don't think the way to succeed is by doing something aggressive. Aggression is weak-minded.' "

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails