Saturday, July 5, 2008

Audrey Corregan - Family Pictures

Audrey Corregan's clever series of the backs of scanned photographs titled "Famly Pictures" is simple, minimal, and eloquent. I believe it is becoming less common for people to print photographs anymore, so this series also appeals to a sense of nostaligia. I find myself imagining what the 1981 Christmas might look like on the other side of the photograph, or picturing 1960s patterned dresses and huge sunglasses against a French backdrop- washed out in a pinkish fade. I've been collecting found/bought photographs since the 10th grade, so that may also explain my fondness for this series. Audrey has a lot of great work on her site and it was hard to pick one series to post. Check it out.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails