Thursday, August 28, 2008

Manifest Hope - mega picture post

All photos by Nathan Abels:
Shepherd Fairey paste-ups read carefully (artist unknown)
this one was pasted up a couple block from my apartment on Colfax

Denver has been extremely fortunate to get such high-class art here along with the DNC. Andenken gallery had a show up this week called "Manifest Hope" - mostly Obama-based art works by big shots like Shepherd Fairey and Ron English. Here are my photos from the show that I attended for three of the four days it was open (with the Boom truck):

Shepherd Fairey's large piece - also served as the back-drop to the VIP party that included Sarah Silverman, Jenny Lewis, Ben Gibbard, and others.


(that's Will.I.Am - of the Black Eyed Peas)(that's also Will.I.Am - of the Black Eyed Peas)


Harrison, of Denver's own Magnet Mafia - working on a wall across from the gallery.one of my favorite bands, Nada Surf - playing acoustic across the street form the gallery.

Here are more pics of the show/opening 1, 2, 3.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails