Wednesday, February 25, 2009

More Music for Your Studio




Maybe this will be a semi-regular segment (thoughts?) - highlighting free and legal downloads of what I deem to be good music for your studio or studies. "Lo-Fi" by Bosques de mi Mente (Forests of My Mind) isn't quite as abstract as the Fiktion album I posted a couple weeks ago - on first listen it's a smoother and quieter album. He's added a bit of soft vinyl record ambiance to the music (slight pops and hazy imperfections) - which I find to be an attractive and nostalgic sound when used in moderation, as it is here. There are well written piano phrases - reminiscent of Dustin O'Haloran - and a gorgeous atmosphere created with strings and synths throughout the album . I highly recommend giving this a listen. You can download it track-by-track or as a whole album, but it is quite fluid from one track to the next so go ahead and get the whole thing ( here ).

The artist writes, "For me is a way to explore concepts like minimalism, climax, repetition, atmosphere, time, silence, stasis, noise, musique concrÈte and many more...Music is art, a subjective expression of reality, and as such it enriches everyone that listen, so I think each form of art should be available for everyone, and that's why my music is under Creative Commons licenses, allowing you to download, share, copy and distribute it."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails