Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Andre Yi and Nevadaville


Andre Yi, "Nevadaville (Bridge)", Acrylic, Ink and colored Pencil on canvas, 2006, 20 x 32 inches

Andre Yi, "Nevadaville (Gallows Frame)", Acrylic, Ink and colored Pencil on canvas, 2006, 24 x 24 inches
Nathan Abels, "Nevadaville Mining Ruins"

I was just browsing the work of Andre Yi, and the first piece I came across was called "Nevadaville (Gallows Frame)" (above). It's crazy how close we must have been to where he took his reference photo two years ago. About two weeks ago I wrote a post about Nevadaville and the ghost towns along the Peak to Peak byway. Looks like he beat me to the punch by a couple of years. He gave the mining equipment of Nevadaville a real melancholy that I enjoy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails